At The Washington Times, Tim Young writes about the presidential race:

The exceptions to all of this ridiculousness were the supporters of entrepreneur, philanthropist, and sadly, now former presidential candidate Andrew Yang. In the middle of all of the screaming and name calling, the Yang Gang, as they call themselves, are engaged in calm, thoughtful conversation about policy.

On Twitter, if you were to say something positive about Mr. Yang, the Yang Gang would swarm you, not to mock you for who you are, what you look like, condemn your beliefs or label you one of the –ists – but to ask what policies you like that he has. If you answer with one, they’d actually discuss the base principles of the policy with you and try to expand the conversation to include other concepts that they believe in to try to persuade you to vote for their candidate. It’s hard to believe that this type of conversation has become rare nowadays, especially from the left — but it has — which is incredibly depressing

Don’t get me wrong, I would have never voted for Mr. Yang. I don’t agree with 90 percent of his ideas for the country, and his policies that I did agree with are being worked on and implemented now. I would however sit and debate with him and any of his supporters any day because I know it would be civil. This is the way the world used to function. Conversations, even heated ones, over policy and politics that end in splitting a tab over a drink, a handshake and a confidence that even though you have disagreements, you can still be friends. Mr. Yang and the Yang Gang’s civility and demeanor led me, someone who had no interest in any of the 2020 Democratic field, to more heavily research his policies and watch more speeches and videos of him.